Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 1999 01:31:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: 'make release' what am I doing wrong?

On 09-Sep-99 David Kelly wrote:
> After a successful "make buildworld", "cd release; make release" has
> started failing like this:
>
> ===>  Cleaning for bzip2-0.9.5c
> ===>  Cleaning for tidy-0.7.99.2
> ===>  Cleaning for docproj-1.1
> sgmlfmt -f html -links /usr/doc/FAQ/FAQ.sgml
> sgmlfmt -f html-split -links /usr/doc/FAQ/FAQ.sgml
> "html-split" is an unknown output format.
> Usage:
>     [-e encoding] [-hdr file] [-ftr file] file
> where <doctype> is one of: linuxdoc (default), docbook.
> and <format> is one of: ascii, html, koi8-r, latin1, ps, roff
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.

It looks like you have an old copy of the documentation repository in
/usr/doc.  Be sure you are supping the documentation (contained in
either doc-all or in cvs-all).

> An interesting observation is that sgmlformat is not installed on my
> system. Yet somehow/somewhen the manpage was installed. Also it
> appears
> "release" is building a copy of sgmlfmt for its own uses:
>
> nospam: [1050] find /usr/local/ -name "sgmlfmt*"
> /usr/local/man/cat1/sgmlfmt.1.gz
> nospam: [1051] find /home/release -name "sgmlfmt*"
> /home/release/usr/local/bin/sgmlfmt
> /home/release/usr/local/man/man1/sgmlfmt.1.gz
> nospam: [1052]
>
> ... Hence my question to the list.

It is part of the textproc/docproj port, which is installed during the
make release process in order to build the docs.

> --
> David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@nospam.hiwaay.net

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://www.cslab.vt.edu/~jbaldwin/