Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2007 09:58:34 +0200
From:      "Daniel Eriksson" <daniel_k_eriksson@telia.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: php5-extensions and xorg libraries

Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

> I will appreciate any help. When trying to install php5-extensions, I=20
> get the following error:

If you really don't need the xorg-libraries (true for most web servers
for example) then there's an easy way to avoid them:

1. install all your ports with "make -DWITHOUT_X11 install clean"
2. add "'*' =3D> 'WITHOUT_X11=3D1'," to the make args in pkgtools.conf =
(or
whatever the format is in the file) to prevent portupgrade from adding
the xorg-libraries in the future

This works just fine for a typical webserver (analog, webalizer, php
with the gd extension, ...). I just installed a new webserver with
multiple jails to keep the different sites compartmentalized, and
avoiding the xorg-libs saved me a ton of space and compile time.

/Daniel Eriksson