Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:53:17 -0700
From:      Phil Staub <phils@staub.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   module_register/linker_file_sysinit messages

After a fresh install of 4.1R followed by building/installing a new
kernel, I now get numerous messages of the following form upon boot:

module_register: module miibus/xmphy already exists!
linker_file_sysinit "miibus.ko" failed to register! 17

Could someone point me to the meaning and resolution of this? It's not
obvious from manpages, handbook or faq (or at least my searches came
up empty). I also did a little poking around in the config files in
/boot. The closest thing I could find was an entry in
/boot/defaults/loader.conf that said:

miibus_load="NO"                # miibus support, needed for some drivers

Should this say "YES"? I'm running ed and xl drivers.

Thanks,
Phil

--
Phil Staub, KE7HC