Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 1997 23:06:03 -0400
From:      Bruno Néron <bruno@cite.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Free bsd 2.1 & drivers

Hi m. Seger,

	Ok, my english is primary but i try. I desire to upgrade my server
machine. Actually my server run on free bsd 2.1 with a pentium 100, main
board triton p5143p4/fmb ,cpu intel, scsi card adaptec aha-2940, tvga
8900D video card...

	I desire to buy a new main board and cpu but i dont say if the new
hardware will be compatible with my actualy configuration or if bsd
support this materiel.

Upgrade preview: main board pr440fx and cpu pentium pro 200

The PR440FX motherboard supports dual Intel
                      Pentium®Pro processors operating at 180 MHz or
                      200 MHz. Other features include the following:

                           Custom ATX form factor
                           Two 387-pin, Socket 8 type processor sockets
                           Four DIMM sockets for up to 512 MB of
                           maximum memory (with 128 MB buffered ECC
                           EDO DIMMs)
                           256 KB or 512 KB second-level cache
                           memory in Pentium Pro processor
                           Intel 82440FX PCIset
                                PCI and Memory Controller (PMC) and
                                Data Bus Accelerator (DBX)
                                82371SB PCI/ISA IDE Xcelerator (PIIX3)
                           Two Universal Serial Bus (USB) interfaces
                           Three PCI slots and one shared slot that can
support a PCI or ISA add-in card
                           National Semiconductor PC87308 integrated I/O
controller
                           Intel EtherExpress(tm) PRO/100B PCI LAN
subsystem (available only on selected
                           configurations)
                           Adaptec* 7880 SCSI controller
                           Crystal* CS4236 audio subsystem
                           Independent voltage and fan speed sensing for
each processor
                           Desktop Management Interface (DMI) included
in BIOS

                      For complete information, see the Technical
Product Specification and the Motherboard
                      Specification Update.

What's bsd support two cpu?

What's bsd support the peripherical on board? (pc 87308, adaptec
7880...)

What's a good idea?