Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:06:28 -0700
From:      Rob Farmer <rfarmer@predatorlabs.net>
To:        Craig Butler <craig001@lerwick.hopto.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sparc64/144867: panic: trap: memory address not aligned booting Sunfire 280R

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Craig Butler
<craig001@lerwick.hopto.org> wrote:

> cassini memory address trap.... same as on the b100s in the B1600
> chassis I think -- I bet if you compile a kernel without device cas
> it'll get past that bit -- problem then is no network...

Yep - if I take the cas card out the system runs great  - a lot faster
than the old Netra X1 I replaced :). It actually has a gem NIC too
which I have been using so I don't need to get this card working, but
I'm willing to test patches to see if they fix the panic (its a MMF
card though and I'm not setup to test if it actually works as far as
network connectivity, unfortunately).

--=20
Rob Farmer