Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 09:43:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg Skouby <gskouby@ns0.sitesnow.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

Hello,

I posted a message to -questions yesterday about a machine that had the
/dev directory somewhat corrupt. I could ls -la /dev/wd0* but when I was
in the /dev director when I did an ls it was not showing any of the files.
Now, today the machine was rebooting over and over again, freezing with

fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

fault virtual address = 0xc33a3c6d

fault code = supervisor read, page not present

Instruction Pointer  = 0x8:0xc022798F

Stack Pointer = 0x 10: 0xc5dc6988

code segment = base 0 x0, limit 0xfffff type 0x1b
                 = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1

processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL =0

current process = 5 (init)

interrupt mask =

trap number = 12

panic: page fault

syncing disk 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 giving up

rebooting in 15 seconds

It does this over and over again. i am running 3.3-R..Is it a memory
problem?
Thanks for any help or hints.