Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:04:13 -0400
From:      mikegoe@ibm.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_add unable to locate +CONTENTS

I've downloaded several packages from the ports
collection and when I run pkg_add as root I get:

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: child returned status 1
tar: +CONTENTS not found in archive
pkg_add: unable to open table of contents file `+CONTENTS' - not a package?

Now if this happened to one or two I'd guess it was just
broken..but not all of them.. am I missing something?

I"m running 3.1-R...and yes the files are correct..they end
in tgz :)

I see the mailing list archive search seems to be down....

Thanks for any insight..

Michael G.