Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:44:15 -0700
From:      Rem Roberti <rem@remdog.net>
To:        dfeustel@mindspring.com
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>, FT <freebsd@t41t.com>
Subject:   Re: Simple Text Mail Setup

> I'm running getmail version 4.7.6. My getmailrc file is
>
> i2/home/daf/.getmail}head -40 getmailrc
> #
> # This file contains various examples of configuration sections to use
> # in your getmail rc file.  You need one file for each mail account you
> # want to retrieve mail from.  These files should be placed in your
> # getmail configuration/data directory (default: $HOME/.getmail/).
> # If you only need one rc file, name it getmailrc in that directory,
> # and you won't need to supply any commandline options to run getmail.
> #
>
> #
> # Example 1:  simplest case of retrieving mail from one POP3 server and
> # storing all messages in a maildir.
> #
>
> [retriever]
> type = SimplePOP3Retriever
> server = mail.mindspring.com
> username = dfeustel@mindspring.com
> password = **************
>
> [destination]
> type = Maildir
> path = ~/Maildir/
> [options]
> message_log = ~/.getmail/log
> delete = true
>
> Does this help?

Actually, I have getmailrc file with a proven track record, and that
is what I am using on this laptop to receive mail from Comcast.  I
installed the same file on my new installation.  No, I think the problem
is deeper than that, and has to do with configuring sendmail correctly,
and my rc.conf.

Rem