Date:      Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:21:50 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        scott@sremick.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpeg4ip requires IPv6

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:38:36 -0800 (PST), Scott I. Remick
<scott@sremick.net> wrote:

> An update for all of you following this:
>
> There was a question on why I had two libm.so.* versions:
>
> -r--r--r--  1 root  wheel   108400 Mar  1  2004 libm.so.2
> -r--r--r--  1 root  wheel   114504 Nov 15 04:11 libm.so.3
>
> It might be because I have compat4x installed. I seem to have it
> installed because I have nvidia-driver installed, which requires
> libm.so.2 so it has compat4x as a dependency.
>
> Stranglely, I have the file in multiple places:
>
> /lib/libm.so.2

Remove this.

> /usr/local/lib/compat/libm.so.2

Keep this; it's from compat4x.

> So I can't just remove compat4x unfortunately :(

You can if you want to use libmap.conf instead like what I am doing. At
the everytime when I reinstall nvidia-driver, I always remove the compat4x
dependency from the Makefile because I am using libmap.conf to take care
of it.

At the everytime when I finished do the installworld and I always run
delete.sh script (below) that will remove old stuff, then I re-run
installworld again to make sure everything is installed that delete.sh
might remove something incorrect. Also, run 'use.perl port' to restore the
perl stuff in /usr/bin/. You are on your own risk to use this script if
you want to.

Cheers,
Mezz

delete.sh:
#!/bin/sh

for moo in /bin /lib /libexec /rescue /sbin /stand /usr/bin /usr/games \
	   /usr/lib /usr/libdata /usr/libexec /usr/sbin /usr/share; do
	find ${moo} -ctime +1 -delete;
done
# Before you ask why no /usr/include, because I always do the
# rm -rf /usr/include/* at the every time before the installworld.

If you just want to see what it will delete files without any of action,
change the find line to something like this.

find ${moo} -ctime +1 > delete.txt;

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team