Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:32:43 -0500
From:      James Riendeau <jtriende@wisc.edu>
To:        "J. W. Ballantine" <jwb@homer.att.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome2 build failure

How are you trying to build gnome2?  Through the /usr/ports
collection using make?  Portmanager or portinstall?  If possible it's
best to use pkg_add -r gnome2-fifth-toe.  Then run pkg_add -r
gnome2.  If found fifth-toe is missing a few essential dependences
that the gnome2 package takes care of.  You better run script /var/
tmp/gnome-install.log, then exit when your finished, to save the
output of those processes as there are instructions you will want to
follow to make sure gnome works smoothly.  GTK is the gimp tool kit.
You can find it under the ports collection at /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/
gtk20.  Be sure to checkout the freebsd gnome page:

http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/

There is a script available there if you are upgrading gnome as well
as a good FAQ to help with troubles.

James Riendeau
MMI Computer Support Technician
1300 University Ave