Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:36:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sami Hamrita <sami@bae.uga.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Networking question.

Hi folks,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD on on a Pentium P133 PC and have two
questions regarding the mouse and a networking issue.

1.First the mouse. I have a Microsoft Defender mouse (PS/2) for which I
already enabled the approriate driver in the kernel but the mouse is still
inactive. Is there here any further configuration that I have to do
somewhere on my system to enable the mouse or do I have to change the
driver for the mouse (I only found one driver for PS/2 mouse)?

2.Now the networking question.
My PC is connected to a Ethernet network and I have a 3Com 3c900
Etherlink XL PCI card installed on my computer.

I choose the following parameters for the network in the kernel:

device de0
device fxp0
device vx0
options INET
pseudo_device ppp	1
pseudo_device ether
pseudo_device loop

After booting I get the following output :
vx0 <3COM 3c900 Etherlink XL PCI> rev0 int a irq 9 on pci0:10

but I still can't connect to other hosts on the network and vis versa.
Since I don't see the name of my network card on the FreeBSD list, is it
possible that I'm using the wrong one or is it only a question of driver
choice or is there much more work to do besides what I did?

Thanks very much in advance and please excuse my novice questions (I'm
new with this).

Sami.

PS. Please e-mail directely to this address. Thanks