Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2007 05:17:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      White Hat <pigskin_referee@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Configure to use WITH_DEBUG

I have a system that I am setting up that will only be used to test programs. I therefore want all programs built with debug code. To facilitate that task, I was wondering if I could put a global flag in the '/etc/make.conf' file. Assuming that would work, which of these is the better solution.

1)    WITH_DEBUG
2)    WITH_DEBUG=1
3)    WITH_DEBUG=true
4)    -DWITH_DEBUG

If there is a better solution, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!

--
White Hat
pigskin_referee@yahoo.com