Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2014 15:52:11 +0100
From:      "Dr. Peter Voigt" <pvoigt@uos.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thunderbird 24.4.0 crashes when trying to add an email account

I am running a fresh installation of 10.0-RELEASE. Recently I have
built mail/thunderbird 24.4.0. But any attempt to add a new email
account crashes thunderbird with writing out thunderbird.core.

To investigate thunderbird in more detail I have copied my Linux
profile to the FreeBSD machine. Thunderbird uses this profile and
seems otherwise OK but any attempt to add another email account
crashes it again.

This is my configuration:

# make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for
thunderbird-24.4.0: DBUS=on: D-Bus IPC system support
     DEBUG=off: Build with debugging support
     ENIGMAIL=on: Enigmail extension
     GCONF=off: GConf configuration backend support
     GIO=on: GIO for file I/O
     GNOMEUI=off: libgnomeui support module
     GNOMEVFS2=off: GnomeVFS2 (virtual file system) support
     GSTREAMER=off: Multimedia support via GStreamer
     LIBPROXY=off: Proxy support via libproxy
     LIGHTNING=on: Calendar extension
     LOGGING=on: Additional log messages
     OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=on: Use extra compiler optimizations
     PGO=off: Use Profile-Guided Optimization
     PROFILE=off: Build with profiling support
     TEST=off: Build and/or run tests
====> Options available for the multi AUDIO: you have to choose at
least one of them ALSA=on: ALSA audio architecture support
     PULSEAUDIO=off: PulseAudio sound server support
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

At least Thunderbird remains unusable for me in this state. Is this a
known issue? Is it a bug or a configuration problem?

Regards,
Peter