Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 1995 13:56:02 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bragging rights..

>dennis wrote:
>> I really can't believe you guys are bragging about the widespread
>> utilization of souped-up async. You still don't get the fact that you're
losing several
>> hundred dollars worth of machine (which brings the cost in-line with
sync) to save a few
>> hundred on cards for a less-efficient solution.
>
>I think your view in these matters may be a little too narrow (which is
probably fine,
>given the market you have your eye on - one man's narrow vision is another
man's intense
>product focus :-).
>
>What we're talking about is *incremental* cost, which is very important to
the low-budget
>folks.  We're not talking about what we'd build if we had all the money up
front to
>implement whatever solution would be most optimum - we're talking about how
to get one's
>feet wet without going all the way in up to the neck on the first step.

I'm talking about incremental profit, a capitalist concept. Have something
better in your bag of
goddies that costs a few dollars more an month and people will buy it every
time.

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25