Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2003 20:40:05 -0700
From:      =?unknown-8bit?Q?S=EAr=EAciya_Kurdistan=EE?= <sereciya@kurdistan.ath.cx>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        bzimmer@megavision.com
Subject:   Re: problems getting SMP kernel to run on IBM intellistation

Hello,

> Now, on that front, I did take both processors out, re-seated them -
> same problem. I went down to one processor and put the "blank" back
> into the 2nd processor slot. The box ran fine. I pulled that processor
> out and put the 2nd one into the slot 0. The box ran fine. Both
> processors seem to work _individually_ but not with SMP.

  What specificaly are the lines you enabled for SMP in the kernel?

  I believe that with 4.7+ there are only two lines needed:

  options        SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
  options        APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

  You may want to have the following in there too:

  options         SYSVSHM         # include support for shared memory
  options         SHMSEG=9        # max shared memory segments per process
  options         SYSVSEM         # include support for semaphores
  options         SYSVMSG         # include support for message queues

  Try that and let us know what happens.

| Welat xwe ava nake, dest bidin hevdu, pist nedin tu dijminî  |
|   Riya azadiyê ne hêsan e, hêviya xwe bernedin, dema me      |
|     nêzîk e.                                                 |
| Hevaltî bi kesên du rû nekin, hevaltî bi hevdu ra bikin      |
|   Ne ji hevaltiya wan kesên pêxwas û rû dirêj, ne bi wan     |
|     kesên xwînperest, ne jî ji yên din.                      |
|                                   -Sêrêciya Kurdistanî       |
  translation provided on request: sereciya@kurdistan.ath.cx