Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2018 18:29:37 +0300
From:      Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nanopi/allwinner h3/h5/a64 and if_awg blues

> On 7 Sep 2018, at 15:15, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> wrote:
>=20
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 10:08:02 +0300
> Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>=20
>> Hi,
>> as far as I can tell, all these platforms share the same driver, but =
not the same dts
>> in any case this is the current status:
>> on h3:	only detected/works if cable is connected
>> on h5:	is detected even without cable and works after cable is =
inserted.
>> 		Note: to get it working had to add sun50i-h5-neo2.dts to =
modules/dtb/allwinner/Makefile
>>=20
>> on a64:	nothing, nada.
>=20
> Depend on the board.
>=20
>> so, any idea as to how to get it working on an sun50i-a64 =
(nanopi-a64)?=20
>=20
> The DTS for the NanoPi is missing the emac node.
any hints? I tried several different overlays(borrowing stuff from pine) =
 but so far the best i got was:

awg0: <Allwinner Gigabit Ethernet> mem 0x1c30000-0x1c3ffff irq 32 on =
simplebus0
awg0: PHY type: rmii, conf mode: reg
awg0: EMAC clock: 0x00002000
awg0: AHB frequency 150000000 Hz, MDC div: 0x2
awg0: cannot attach PHY
device_attach: awg0 attach returned 6=09

>=20
>> BTW, I did get the wireless to work!
>=20
> What wireless ?
Ah, just realised, there is an onboard, but that is not supported.
I succeeded with a dongle - can=E2=80=99t remember off hand which, but =
the reason I mentioned it was that the
dongle does not work on the other socs, so at least on the nano-a64 i =
have some network connectivity.