Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 00:54:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John J. Mikucki" <jjm7570@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Blasted PnP AWE64 issue

Greetings and salutations--

I have an AWE64Value, PnP, which I am trying to get running on my system.
I am using the Luigi drivers and pcm0 ('cat /dev/sndstat' yields the
following:)

FreeBSD Audio Driver (981022) Dec 13 1998 23:06:58
Installed devices:
pcm1: <SoundBlaster 16 4.16> at 0x220 irq 5 dma 1:5
sequencer1: <???> at 0x388 (not functional)

After chasing through the maillists, I switched the audio0 to audio1 etc
by means of the edited MAKEDEV... but now, when I go to run a program like
x11amp, I get the following spewed to console:

Incompatible OSS Driversoss sysinfo=537358976: 0

I have no idea what the heck this means.  I assume that something doesn't
like the sound driver... but I'm at a loss for where to go from here.  Can
you direct me to the appropriate person to ask about this?

Thanks
John