Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 10:38:49 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@dog.farm.org>, "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New Cyclom-Y Driver for 2.2.[56] from Cyclades Corp

On Wed, Jun 03, 1998 at 11:24:20PM -0700, Dmitry Kohmanyuk wrote:
> In article <199805301332.JAA03939@spoon.beta.com> you wrote:
> > >    Do the new drivers from Cyclades include BREAK support?  I've been
> > >fiddling with cy.c in 3.0-current to get break support for a pair of
> > >16-port Cyclades Cyclom-Y PCI adapters, but no luck so far.  Linux and
> > >Win95 send breaks fine, but I'd rather not have to switch OS's just
> > >because of this.
>
> > According to the driver source, implementing BREAK is on the TODO list, so
> > I suspect its not done. I know it _has_ been implemented in the FreeBSD drivers
> > for the Zo and Ze cards (cause I wrote it).
>
> > Also, to address the 'sync'ing issue, if you're in a hurry, I can leave my
> > custom build of 2.2.6 (with the new cy and the cz driver incorporated) on
> > my FTP site for download. I also shipped Cyclades a copy for their archives.
> > You can probably ask them for it, as well.
>
> what's new in the driver?  Or, what's really broken in old driver which
> is fixed in new driver?

According to the README file for the new driver:

FreeBSD Cyclom-Y Driver (for FreeBSD 2.2.5 or later)

	The Cyclom-Y driver included in the FreeBSD distribution does
not support the latest Cyclom-Y gear (8Yo rev. 6.02 and SM8/SM16 II).
In order to support these devices in your system, you must install
this driver revision.

[ ... ]

If you have any question, please feel free to contact the Cyclades
Technical Support by phone at (510)770-9727 x257 or by e-mail at
<support@cyclades.com> .

P.S. By the way, there is a Cyclades-Z driver for FreeBSD available
     from ftp.cyclades.com.

--
Ruslan Ermilov          System Administrator
ru@ucb.crimea.ua        United Commercial Bank