Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 14:41:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        almquist@sm.luth.se
Subject:   Re: generic problem in ports?

In article <Pine.BSF.4.33.0105212324220.46491-300000@karon.cdt.luth.se>,
Andreas Almquist  <almquist@sm.luth.se> wrote:

> Here are the output you asked for (attached).

Thanks!

I see the problem in the checkouts file you sent me.  I still don't
understand why it is happening, but I should be able to figure it out
now.

Here is the work-around I recommend to everybody who is having this
problem:

1. Delete the "jakarta-tomcat' directory from your ports tree with
"rm -rf".

2. Find your checkouts file.  It is named
"/usr/sup/ports-all/checkouts.cvs:." if you are using the example
"ports-supfile" from "/usr/share/examples/cvsup".  Or substitute
your actual collection name for "ports-all" if you're doing things
differently.  Edit this file and delete all lines containing
"jakarta-tomcat".

3. Run cvsup in the usual way, but without the "-s" option.

If things are still messed up after that, your machine is haunted. :-}

John