Date:      Tue, 06 May 1997 14:08:03 -0700
From:      Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        Brandon Gillespie <brandon@cold.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha questions..

On Tue, 6 May 1997 14:25:52 -0600 (MDT)
 Brandon Gillespie <brandon@cold.org> wrote:

 > Two questions... First, is there going to be an alpha mailing list I could
 > subscribe to, to keep an ear on the alpha development?  In about six
 > months I plan on picking up an alpha workstation just 'for the heck of
 > it', but only if I can put FreeBSD (in any form :b) on it..

...well, you _could_ always install NetBSD/alpha on it :-) (sorry, I
couldnt' resist :-)

 > The other question is, are there any plans to have digital unix binary
 > emulation?  Digital unix 'cc' will compile two types of binaries,

...NetBSD/alpha provides some DUh compatibility.  It was used to bootstrap
the port.  It runs statically-linked executables that don't use the
Mach traps.  (If you're curious about _why_, check out the README in
the sys/compat/osf1 directory in a NetBSD-current source tree in your
neighborhood.)