Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:15:36 +0200
From:      Daniel Rock <rock@cs.uni-sb.de>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current NFS problem

I have also seen NFS problems for some months now:
(NFS Server is a Solaris 2.6 box)

- During a "make release" with the chroot direcory mounted NFS or
  a "make world" with /usr/obj mounted NFS (I patched /sys/nfs/nfs_vnops.c
  not return an error on "chflags" system calls), cap_mkdb determinstically
  dumps core while processing termcap:
===> share/termcap
ex - /usr/src/share/termcap/termcap.src < /usr/src/share/termcap/reorder >
/dev/
null
cap_mkdb termcap
*** Signal 11
  This only happens with NFS v3, not NFS v2

- If the shell output (e.g. for tcsh and XFree86 "make World >&! World.log)
  is on an NFS mounted drive, and I watch the file with less (less World.log)
  go to the end of file (Shift-G), sometimes the output gets filled up
  with 0 characters.
  This happens with both NFS v2 and v3.

Daniel