Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:28:44 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-bluetooth@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Asus bluetooth device - 0x1712
References:  <4DF46049.6080206@herveybayaustralia.com.au>	<alpine.NEB.2.00.1106120817050.472@galant.ukfsn.org>	<4DF53A6F.9080701@herveybayaustralia.com.au>	<alpine.NEB.2.00.1106130738010.14646@galant.ukfsn.org>	<BANLkTikGH9nsqgj_ELOM=PakD=4_h-C4Yw@mail.gmail.com>	<4DF705C9.7020606@herveybayaustralia.com.au>	<alpine.NEB.2.00.1106142057270.1687@galant.ukfsn.org>	<4DF7F13C.6090208@herveybayaustralia.com.au> <BANLkTi=5rhWfo38T2x-33OB2y47xQasU9A@mail.gmail.com>

On 06/15/11 09:47, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Da Rock
> <freebsd-bluetooth@herveybayaustralia.com.au>  wrote:

>>> seems like the ng_ubt driver should attach to this directly..
>>>

>> Probably would if it recognised the product then. What is the correct way to
>> do this then? I know about usbdevs, and the awk script to run, but does
>> anything then need to be added to the driver to pick it up, or should that
>> be all thats needed?
>>
> it does not look at the product. it looks at interface class, subclass
> and protocol. are you sure you are loading ng_ubt(4) from loader.conf?
> are there any error messages from ng_ubt(4) in /var/log/messages?

devd.conf problem then? I haven't got it in loader.conf, but I did
kldload- dmesg output (although the last 2 lines disappear when
unloaded/loaded:

ubt0: <vendor 0x0b05 product 0x1712, class 224/1, rev 2.00/19.15, addr
2> on usbus5
WARNING: attempt to domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()
WARNING: attempt to domain_add(netgraph) after domainfinalize()

But ls dev shows no devices, and I can't start bluetooth services:

/etc/rc.d/bluetooth: ERROR: Unable to setup Bluetooth stack for device ubt0

If it should work, then what am I doing wrong?