Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:24:25 +0100 (BST)
From:      James Feeder <jamesfeeder@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inetl ProWireless 2200 iwi driver problem

Thanks for your reponses Kirill and Marcin,

I put route add default 192.168.1.1 in
/etc/start_if.iwi0 and the card acting as per usual,
it could ping the router but not the outside world.

Im fairly sure the router is working ok, every other
wireless computer on the network can access the
internet and I can if im hardwired using my interface
(bfe0). Im using FreeBSD 5.4 and my rc.conf looks like
this:

--- START rc.conf ---

# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- # Fri Jun 10
17:00:30 2005
# Created: Fri Jun 10 17:00:30 2005
# Enable network daemons for user convenience.
# Please make all changes to this file, not to
/etc/defaults/rc.conf.
# This file now contains just the overrides from
/etc/defaults/rc.conf.
linux_enable="YES"
usbd_enable="YES"
# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- # Fri Jun 10
16:06:20 2005
keyrate="fast"

# Disable sendmail
sendmail_enable="NONE"

# Firewall config
ipfilter_enable="YES"
ipfilter_rules="/etc/ipf.rules"
ipmon_enable="YES"
ipmon_flags="-Ds"

# Network config
defaultrouter="192.168.1.1"
ifconfig_bfe0="inet 192.168.1.118 netmask
255.255.255.0"

# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- # Sun Jun 12
18:26:02 2005
moused_enable="YES"

--- END rc.conf ---

I'm ruling out the firewall at the moment because I
let everything pass through when testing the
interface. I know there is no entry in there at the
moment for the iwi0 interface but I'm waiting to get
it up and running first.

Thanks,

James