Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 1996 02:18:21 -0800
From:      Barry Soben <bsoben@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation Problems

Hi,

I'm on my XXst attempt at installing FreeBSD 2.1.5 from CDROM.  I finally
got it and then in the middle of installing packages I got:

proc: table is full

What does that mean?

I ^C my way out of it and tried to get back into the original installation
program through rebooting and then tried to enter things like the root
password.. It wouldn't let me.

So I tried booting straight from the hardisk..  I got the following message
before being told I was in for an auto-reboot:

Changing root device to wd1a
panic: cannot mount root

I don't know why it's trying to mount anying on wd1, FreeBSD is installed on
a partition on wd2.  (wd2s3 I believe)

Please help!

Thank you.

Barry