Date:      Tue, 04 Sep 2001 20:26:46 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: trying to play sound in -current

David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:

>>I haven't looked at the code, but does a value of 0 for vchans mean
>>infinite, I know this is a standard use for the value of zero in some
>>instances...
>>

> What what I gather, 0 means none, only use how many channels the
> sound card has.  I'm assuming that John has multiple hardware
> channels.

Okay, that makes sense.  I was wondering, because mine also shows a value of zero and works with multiple opens, but then I'm using
a SB-Live!, and it has a lot of hardware channels, so if I switched to the Yamaha POS on the motherboard, I would have locks.  This
makes sense.

jim
--
     ET has one helluva sense of humor!
He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!