Date:      Tue, 04 Feb 1997 17:54:56 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyclades driver causes kernel panic

Well, its back, and I'm pulling my hair out of my head. It appears
that on HPs, Dells, Eclipse machines, and a handful of others,
the Cyclades driver causes a RAM parity error, causing the kernel
to panic, and the system to reboot. I've sen this on at least
a half dozen systems. And I've found about two that work.

Has anyone seen this? Worked around it? I'm kind of at a crunch
to get some multi-port serial cards working, and I could use all
the help I can get.

The machines are HP 586/133s and 166s. The dells are Dell 586/100s. The
only machine I've see it work in for any length of time was a AMD clone 586/100.

I don't think its a RAM parity error, simply because a half-dozen
machines with EDO Ram can't all be wrong (or i'd see it elsewhere),
and the DOS drivers tend to get the card up and working on multiple
ports with no problems.

Any suggestions?
	-Brian