Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:49:43 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        David Kanter <djkanter@nwu.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Kerberos and fetchmail

On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 10:34:19AM -0600, David Kanter wrote:

> I can use Kerberos to check my mail if I use Eudora for Windows, but I
> don't know exeactly how to set up Kerberos checking with fetchmail. I
> can use POP3 with fetchmail just fine, and when autoprobing it says
> all is well with POP3, but I'd like to try Kerberos.

Start by setting in your .fetchmailrc the protocol to `kpop', instead of
`pop3'.  The manpage of fetchmail(1) has the rest of the information for
setting up user authentication with KPOP.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr>
See the headers of this message for my public key fingeprint.