Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 09:11:11 -0700
From:      Bart Trzynadlowski <trzy@powernet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   keeping ppp up -- need some help

Hi,
	I have installed FreeBSD 3.1 on my system and have PPP working in
interactive mode (not automatic mode) but if I leave it idle for just a
small amount of time (a minute or 2 without any network activity) I find it
silently disconnects. I thought it was related to the timeout value in the
/etc/ppp/ppp.conf file but I removed that and it still occurs. Any ideas?
	Also, how do I configure FBSD's "mail" program? It doesn't know what the
proper server/account info is so it doesn't work. Everytime I boot though
it says "You have mail." and it keeps showing some message the system sent
me over and over again.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Bart Trzynadlowski