Date:      Sun, 25 Sep 2005 23:51:27 -0400
From:      inmylifetime17@optonline.net
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   X server will not run as user

Hello everyone, earlier on today my /var/ slice for my FreeBSD-5.4-release was full, so i erased
some log files and the files inside of my /tmp/ dir also, which freed up about 60% of space. I
restarted my laptop later on that night and when i tried to run startx to bring up my xserver for
xfce i got this error message "(xfce4-session:065):Glib-warning **:GEerror set over the top a
previous GEerror or unintialized memory. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.

The overwriting error message was : Failed to create file '/var/tmp/.xfsm-ICE-V3CIRR : Permission
denied.

Segmentation Fault

Agent pid 602 killed"

Oddly enough when i run startx as root it works, which is how im sending this email now. Does this
make any sense to anyone? I have tried search google but all that comes up is other Glib errors
but they have to do with realplayer. Can anyone help me out please?