Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:17:06 -0600
From:      Andrew Falanga <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Realtek RTL8111C and re(4) driver

On Sunday 24 August 2008 18:20:58 cpghost wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm curious to know about this.  I just put together a computer for my
> > church which has this NIC built in.  I've downloaded a driver which
> > claims to be for FreeBSD 5.  Has anyone here any experience with it, or
> > would anyone know if it's reliable and works?
> >
> > The web link is:
> > http://driverscollection.com/?H=RTL8111C&By=RealTek&SS=FreeBSD%205
> >
> > Andy
>
> This has just been suggested here, but it looks like it wouldn't
> support FreeBSD 7. Have you actually tried it? Which version of
> FreeBSD are you using?
>
> If you can use that machine you've just put together for a couple
> of tests (i.e. not yet being into production), could you please
> try the patches on kern/123123:

> I don't have the hardware yet to test myself. I would be great
> to have at least basic RTL8111C support in re(4) soon. ;)
>
> Regards,
> -cpghost.

I have not yet tried it.  I was hoping to hear that some talented person here
had already gotten it working.  Fortunately, I have some breathing room for
this as the church has a functioning server that this is intended to replace.
I just started back in school this semester today, so time is limited but I
will give it a try time permitting of course.

Andy