Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 04:43:47 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

I'm seeing a marked increase in spammers hitting the mailing lists I
subscribe to... in particular, freebsd-ports and (not yours) the pykde list.
In general, I report all UCE I receive (and all mail in Turkish, which I
don't read, but seem to see a lot of) to Spamcop.

Usually, the automated parser is pretty good at picking out the real
offending addresses, and not messing with the mailing list itself. I try to
manually make sure only addresses associated with the spammer actually get
complaints, as well.

What's the mailist-list admin POV re this infestation and sending reports
of freebsd-* list spam to Spamcop?

--
Alan Eldridge
#include <cstdlib>