Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 14:40:03 -0700
From:      Erin Fortenberry <erinf@lusardi.com>
To:        "'tim@iafrica.com.na'" <tim@iafrica.com.na>, GVB <gvbmail@tns.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: We are a growing ISP, need some advice!

You (tim@iafrica.com.na) said:

"Any thoughts on these ideas?"

I tend to lean towards having multiple machines
do a little bit of everything. It seems to me that
this would keep the 'Jesus bolt' factor down. Once
a machine gets somewhere between 200 to maybe 400
accounts on in with web, email and whatever else,
then you go on to the next box. This way you get
to stay out of that ultra-high-end parts market
that can bring a small ISP to it knees, and stay
with the cheaper, good running, easy to find
hardware.

Erin

mailto:kahn@unet.tm
http://www.fortenberry.net

"Can i dial 1-255-255-255255 and make every phone in the world ring?"

-- Tanuki