Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 21:19:59 +0900
From:      Sys Admin <admin@cb21.co.jp>
To:        kris@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New features in 4.3-RELEASE

Hi Kris,

> >  We currently have 4.1 machines and are planning to upgrade soon mainly to
> > get improved AMI RAID support. Is it worthwhile to wait for 4.3-R ?
> >
> >  Any pointers to the new features coming in 4.3R (particularly RAID
> > support) ?
>
> See the release notes in
> /usr/src/release/texts/{i386,alpha}/RELNOTES.TXT in 4.2-STABLE for
> features added since 4.2-R

 Do I need to track stable to get this file ? I have checked the stable
branche at the ftp serevr and couldn't find a 4.2-STABLE. (Haven't I looked
hard enough?) In 4.x-STABLE, RELENOTES.TXT is nearly the same as one in
4.0-RELEASE.

ftp.freebsd.org/pub.FreeBSD/FreeBSD-Stable/src/release/texts/i386/RELENOTES.TXT
has a datestamp  of 3/18. Am I looking at the wrong file ?

Thanks.

Tad.