Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 09:48:43 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Debugging uthreads

On Wed, 12 May 1999, John Birrell wrote:

> Doug Rabson wrote:
> > Other gdb thread debugging systems tend to export a set of variables from
> > the thread library which describe the important offsets in the thread
> > structure e.g. _debug_pthread_status_offset, _debug_pthread_foo_offset
> > etc.
> >
> > If you think there will be a real problem, I could do this I guess.
>
> Maybe we should just isolate the things that gdb is allowed to look at
> and document them as "cast in stone".

That would work. I think I only need uniqueid, sig_saved,
saved_sigcontext, saved_jmpbuf, state and nxt. If those guys were lumped
up at the start of struct pthread (possibly in another struct so that gdb
doesn't need to know sizeof(struct pthread)) and marked appropriately then
the debugger interface would be quite stable.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com