Date:      Mon, 23 May 2016 13:49:28 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Baho Utot <baho-utot@columbus.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Matroska video format

On Sun, 22 May 2016 20:42:41 -0400, Baho Utot wrote:
> I would like to play a Matroskavisoe using vlc, Is this possible?
>
> It starts to play but the picture goes in and out of grey

What is "it"? Which player (standalone program or embedded in web
browser as a plugin) are you using?

I've installed mplayer which plays video and audio in MKV format
just fine. Maybe you are missing a codec that is required (because
MKV basically is a containter format, like AVI, with video and
audio and maybe other data in a specific codec)...

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany