Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 2002 11:26:13 -0400
From:      Shawn Walker <shawn@eblend.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI Bus Error

Hi,

    I have been having a problem with a server lately.  It is currently
running FreeBSD 4.1.  Last night the box locked up with the following error
messages appearing on the console:

(da0:ahc0:0:1:0): SCB 0x49 - timed out while idle.
(da0:ahc0:0:1:0): SEQADDR=0x9
(da0:ahc0:0:1:0): Queuing a BDR SCB
(da0:ahc0:0:1:0): no longer in timeout, status = 34a

    About one month ago, it locked up with the same messages.  The
controller is a Adaptec aic7896/97 Ultra2.  Any ideas?  I am not sure if
this is a driver error that could be solved with an upgrade or the sign of
some impending hardware fault.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Shawn Walker
shawn@eblend.org