Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 13:48:13 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos <jcarlos@bahianet.com.br>
To:        Claudio Eichenberger <ce@wks.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw natd dynamic ip needs two tries to connect

	after connecting, pppd creates a default route to the remote ip address.
But the local ip address changes when you connect, so, the first packets
goes with the last ip address (not the actual, the ip address you got in
the last connection). This way, the first packets does not arrive back to
you.
	if you can get a fixed ip address this can be solved, but if you
can't, try building a local name server. dns queries (i think) three times
before get an error message, so the first would do the pppd to open the
line, the second goes with the wrong ip address and the third goes
correct.
	Don't forget to point your client to the local dns server. I think
this would help.