Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 2021 19:51:36 +0100
From:      Gerrit Kuehn <gerrit.kuehn@aei.mpg.de>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: config file installation/removal

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 12:22:38 +0100
Gerrit Kuehn <gerrit.kuehn@aei.mpg.de> wrote:

Hello,

I think I finally found the trigger for this:
It happens on systems where I had moved /usr/local/etc to /etc/local and
put a link in /usr/local instead:

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     10 Aug 31  2018 etc@ -> /etc/local

Moving the directory back to /usr/local/etc makes pkg behave as before.

I've been using this for many years on many systems, but something in
file handling must have changed in the pkg/ports recently causing this
strange behaviour with sample files installation/removal.

Any ideas why this changed? Is this a bug or a feature?

cu
  Gerrit