Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:31:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Zippy <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation != FreeBSD sale (was Re: Netscape browser)

Let's get back to the purpose of my original message for a second, please.
The demand is there for a Netscape browser that runs natively on FreeBSD.
How do I know this?  Because it's free [1], and there's no reason for
FreeBSD users to use anything else at this time!  Do you know any FreeBSD
user who, given the choice of a native port and an emulated one, with all
else being equal (version numbers, features, etc), would pick the emulated
one (except for development or as an academic exercise)?  I don't.

That said, let's start by moving small stones.  Netscape is willing to
consider an OFFICIAL FreeBSD port -- they just need to hear it from us.

Jordan: how's THAT for pragmatism?

(To readers who may wish to respond: please do not reply to all... just
reply to the group.  Thanks.)

SB

[1] Before I get flamed for semantics violations, let me define "free".
"Free" in this context means that the majority of users can download a
fully-functional copy of the program without obligation of payment.