Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:15:21 -0600 (CST)
From:      Wayne M Barnes <wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ghostscript dumps core on AMD450

Dear FreeBSD,

    I have four 3.3 systems.  All freshly cvsup'd.
I have installed the ghostscript 55 port to try it on each.
On one system (the one I really need ghostscript for the most)
ghostscript dumps core when I just give the command 'gs -h'

Bus error(core dumped)

    The other systems do not exhibit this error.  If I transfer
one of their executables, I get the same bad result on the
AMD 450.

    The problem system has an AMD processor running at 450 MHz.
All the rest are at 400 or slower in speed.  Someone at a cocktail
party told me there might be a timing problem and a cure for it,
but I can't find it anywhere.

    Does anyone else have this problem or can you suggest a fix?
Thank you.

Wayne M. Barnes, Ph.D.                        wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu
Biochemistry Dept. 8231
Washington Univ. Medical School               314.362.3351  fax 7183
660 South Euclid Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110
          http://barnes1.wustl.edu       Just plain Taq is old tech anymore.