Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:21:49 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   still no luck in coping a 6 G dvd to a 4.7 dvd...

	Guys, I've set up a test account which is pure KDE.  Still,
	using both my Pioneer and the Lite-on burners, no luck in burning
	a DVD that is larger than thee default.  This time I'm using a
	documentary that I own, so there is nothing wrong in making a
	backup.   Results: Same thing as happened with the other
	commercially created DVD.

	K3B reads the disk flawlessly, but growisofs fails (perhaps) to do
	its thing.  In any case, the program complains that there is not
	enough space on the blank and spits out the disk.

	I've tried replacing "auto" with "generic-mmc-raw" on the Lit-On
	burner.  Nope.  Anybody other suggestions?

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix