Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:16:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Marc W <mwlist@akira.lanfear.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   encrypting strings in C

Hello!

	Are there any standard library routines for encrypting strings?  In one
of the programs I'm writing, I've got a string that I want to write out to
a file, but it is sensitive information.  Apart from setting the file
permissions to try and restrict access to it, is there some library routine
I can call to enrypt it in some way?  Something that worked across all
UN*X platforms would be preferred ....

	Thanks!

	marc.