Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:29:34 +0200
From:      Jan Riedinger <jan@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with Linux 32 bit emu at amd64 platform

I'm trying to run a 32 bit Linux application at my dual Opteron server
with amd64 FreeBSD 5.4. Unfortunatly, it crashes 1-2 times per day. I
can find the following messages in my /var/log/messages file:
kernel: pid 517 (ab_kerneld.x), uid 0: exited on signal 4 (core
dumped)

If I restart the application after such a crash, it runs very unstable
and crashes every some minutes. I have reboot the system to get the
prior state. If I start the program from console, I get an error
message of "Illegal instruction" .

How can I examin, what is causing this problem?

Thanks
   Jan