Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 1995 15:06:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        olsenc@smokey.ee.washington.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More info on disk woes

> > No sense sent.
> > EMULEX MD21/S2     ESDI A00
>
> Do you think the fact that this SCSI disk claims to be an ESDI disk
> might have something to do with your problem?

It is an ESDI drive connected through a SCSI to ESDI adapter.  It is kind
of surprising that it shows up as an "unknown unknown" and
not an EMULEX MD21/S2.  Something must be hiccupping during the initial
probe to cause the existing attach routine to be unhappy.  I'm not surprised
there are quirks, though.
--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936