Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2017 22:09:56 -0500
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The future of fortune(6)

On 11/26/2017 20:42, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 04:54:08PM -0800, Dieter BSD wrote:
>> I find a lot of things offensive.  Here are a few:
>>
>> Ignoring PRs for years and years and years and years...
>
> Please suggest a constructive solution.  (This is a serious request.)
>
> mcl

I felt compelled to say something about port maintainers not paying
attention to open bug reports but that doesn't seem to be the case for
me right now. What I did find was a few bug reports I could extract
myself from, close, or request be closed. It might be helpful to have a
yearly script notify non-freebsd parties involved in bug reports to
review their involvement and see if issues have subsided or no longer
matter. This could help reduce the total count with no substantial work
and might highlight areas that still matter.

Among those, bug reports 194935 and 219914 can be closed because they
have been fixed but I did not open them.

Thanks.