Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:34:00 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov@iki.fi>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ion3 license violation

On 2007-12-12, Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org> wrote:
> You don't say "Not more than 28 days", you suggest 28 days as a
> reasonable delay for you.

Frisbee/the package maintainer not bothering to communicating with
me how long the actual delay might be, and would the package end
up in a megafrozen state in the new releases, does not sound like
a reasonable delay. But no, in the Distro Code of Conduct, it is
forbidden to communicate with upstream, to reach an agreement etc.
Distros want to do whatever they will, including fucking the author
in the arse -- that's what the "freedom" in free software is about.
It's not freedom for the author: it's freedom/power for the RIAA
and MPAA and Sony and BMG and Warner of FOSS -- the distros.

> To quote a friend:
>
>     cvs rm -rf <blah>; cvs commit -m "Your license sucks.  Your
>     code sucks.  You suck.  Happy Christmas."
>
> I hope that is not what you were after...

Whatever it takes for distros to either start behaving better
(communicating with and taking consideration of authors), or
simply perishing.

--
Tuomo