Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:58:26 -0600
From:      Stephen Hilton <nospam@hiltonbsd.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Introducing VIDIX technology

Came across this information today at:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/

This is "over-my-head" in many respects, so I am asking for some help understanding
the impilcations of this new software.

I have a Matrox Marvel G400 and would like to be able to use the TV tuner functions
on FreeBSD 4.5, currently have XFree86 4.1 and the Matrox drivers working fine.

Am I correct that currently my hardware and FreeBSD 4.5 will not do TV functions ?

And if so, does this new VIDIX technology present a possible way to get the TV tuner
working with FreeBSD?

Using a VCR to feed the Matrox card so channel changing is not an issue.

Regards,

Stephen Hilton