Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:52:32 +0000
From:      Aqua Daemon <aquadaemon@softhome.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, gnome@freebsd.org
Cc:        archon@forbidden.dough.net
Subject:   Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 and java

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:18:25 -0600
Dennis Moore <archon@forbidden.dough.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 08:41:47AM +0000, Aqua Daemon wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just upgraded Mozilla (1.1 to 1.2.1). In the 1.1, I had all the plugins working (java, plugger, and Shockwave). After upgrading via portupgrade (WITH_GTK2=yes), all plugins except java loaded fine. The results are the same for both of my 4.7-STABLE and 5.0-RELEASE computers. I tried symlinking (ln -sf), then just copying (cp). Same results. I saw that other people were able to upgrade with no problems. What did I do wrong or what do I need to do?
> >
> > This is the text output of when I loaded the 1.2.1:

> > www% mozilla
> > No running window found.
> > LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so: Undefined symbol "gdk_input_add"]
> > LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so [Cannot open "/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so"]
>
> just a guess..
>
> /xfer/ports/www/mozilla> cat pkg-message
> ###
> A symlink has been created for the Java plugin.  However, in order for Java
> to function, you must first install the java/jdk13 port.  If you do not
> do this, you will see the following error when starting Mozilla:
>
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [Cannot open "/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so"]
>
> If you do not want Java support, you can safely ignore this message.
> ###
>
> --
> Dennis Moore

I did install jdk13 port before installing/upgrading/reinstalling mozilla port (at /www/mozilla (I included WITH_GTK2=yes), not at /www/mozilla-gtk2 (don't know if the script is different, haven't tried that port yet).

I removed the link to java plugin in mozilla, then the first error disappeared, but the second still existed. Then I removed the java plugin in the /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins, then all the errors went away but no java plugins were loaded. At all times, mozilla loaded up just fine.

After googling and finding minimal information (some websites are assuming that gdk_input_add has problems with gtk2), I deinstalled mozilla and reinstalled it without the gtk2 prefix, only then does the java plugin work fine. Same results on both 5.0 and 4.7 boxes.

Has anyone installed /www/mozilla-gtk2 or /www/mozilla WITH_GTK2 have their java plugin loaded up without problems? Any idea how I can install with gtk2 and java plugin working?