Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:43:56 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Dmitry Samersoff <dms@wplus.net>
Cc:        skafte@worldgate.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP Type C1559 problems

In the last episode (Jan 31), Dmitry Samersoff said:
> I have problem with HP SureStore 24x6 I can read(write) only from one
> tape from catridge
>
> Could anybody send me ether shell or C (preferable) sequence need to
> read tapes one by one?
>
> i.e something like:
>   cat /dev/rsa0
>   camcontrol cmd -n rsa0.ctl -c "1B 00 00"

You'll probably want to check out the "mt" and "chio" commands instead
of sending raw SCSI commands :)  "mt rewoffl" will rewind and eject a
tape.  The chio command manages autoloaders.  "man mtio" for the C tape
interface, and "man ch" for the C autoloader interface.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com