Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 08:53:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dave Leimbach <dleimbac@MPI-Softtech.Com>
To:        tlambert2@mindspring.com, eischen@vigrid.com
Cc:        dillon@earth.backplane.com, dleimbac@earthlink.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gettimeofday Again...

Thanks for all of the great answers...

For now if I want to see better performance of the timing code I can just
"sysctl -w kern.timecounter.hardware=TSC"??

Are these sysctl options documented anywhere other than the man page? I don't
remember seeing that specific option listed.

I generally find the documentation of FreeBSD in the man pages to be far ahead
of that in linux and I really appreciate the efforts that are done there.

In fact if you would like me to document all of the known sysctl's I will start
my hunt for them as a new spare time project.  One of the best things about
linux is the runtime kernel configurability and I just recently learned that
FreeBSD has a similar mechanism.

Thanks again for the great responses everyone!!

Dave Leimbach